Apr 10, 2008

One of my best friends...

...is leaving to the US next week. She will be gone at least for 3 years. I am so happy for her but certainly down in the dumps to know that I would not be able to meet her. Not that am able to do it now as she is married recently and away at Coimbatore in TamilNadu, India. But my heart is unable to accept the fact that its not going to be easy to meet her henceforth. It gets so nostalgic. We make very few as our close friends or best of best friends. You know that the friendship would not faint by distance and can be in touch but....

6 comments:

abinash said...

Hmm friendship is not a slave of distace. Correct. Par Google talk hai na. Get a webcam too, thats how I do. ;) But didnt know why r u so happy for her going to US? Eh?

Lakshmi said...

Dear, am happy for her cos its her liking to settle there.. Given an opp, I would consider too. Been there done that.. I like US too.

I have webcam and all those gadgets.. Thanks to technological innovations. :)

abinash said...

Mast hai. So given a chance u will also join the green card fever. My cousins live there with these green cards. Apni apni choice. Chal wish u luck....

Lakshmi said...

Listen I have always dreamt too but of late my destination has only been Australia :). My hub lived there for quite sometime and I am quite fascinated about that country.

Also, about the Green card fever that you had mentioned, it depends on people's interests. We can be there on a H1 even without a green card but the drawback is that its not safe considering the down in the dumps economy.

You like Bangalore so go for it :)

abinash said...

Cool. Chill. Thand rakhho. Are Sorry aap to gussa ho gayi. But u took my point other wise. Anyway... :(

Lakshmi said...

Hey i never took it serious da.. I am keeping my cool. guess you upset about something? kya hua?