Jul 8, 2009

An interesting anecdote.....

This is one of the interesting anecdotes that has happened to me and I wish to narrate to you all.

I just had lunch then and was back to my seat. One of my colleagues cum subordinate by name Nitin Rai suddenly appeared in front of me with his Uncle (Yes his uncle wanted to visit his office). Nitin introduced his uncle to me and his uncle started speaking. Here are the dialogues that we shared.

Uncle : I am Nitin's uncle and I am going to give my daughter to him

Lakshmi : @#$@#$@#$

Uncle : Is Nitin really a software engineer in your company?

Lakshmi : Yes, ofcourse

Uncle : accha! good. Where does he sit?

Nitin and Lakshmi show his seating.

Uncle : what is 152?

Lakshmi : That is his seat number.

Uncle : Why is he called Nitin Rai and not Nitin Ashok?

Lakshmi : @#$@#$@ (I do not know myself) That is how it has been for years now

Uncle : Okay! What does your Company do?

I reply what our company does and stuff like that...

Uncle : Where is the factory?

Lakshmi @#$@#$@#$ what is that?

Uncle : That is where we do ding ding (expresses action) work

Lakshmi : Oh! No we do not do physical labour. We do mental Labour.

I show him computer and explain some bits of how we do daily work. Then Nitin's uncle asks lot of questions about the company employee strength, locations, etc

Uncle : How long do you know Nitin?

Lakshmi : I know him for almost 1.5 years.

Uncle : But he told me he has been working for more than 2 years here?

Lakshmi : I joined only 1.5 years ago and yes he must be working here for that long

Uncle : Are you his manager?

Lakshmi : Yes

Uncle : Why are you his manager?

Lakshmi : !@#$@$@%#%^@%@#$%@#$%

Uncle : Like you may have more experience, education, etc

Lakshmi : Yes you are right. I am a senior to him.

Uncle : How is he?

Lakshmi : Nitin is a very nice fellow and am sure you can get your daughter wedded to him

Uncle : Since you are his manager, I will give my daughter to him but if anything wrong happens you will be responsible..

Lakshmi : @#$@#^#$&$%&$%^#$%^#$%^#$%^#$%@$%@#$%^$%^%$*%^(^&)^$&%^#%#@%$@%@#$%@#$%^

Uncle : You must be earning a big fat salary isn't it?

Lakshmi : !@#$!@%%^#$&%$*%^*%$^&$%^#$^#$%^#$%^#$%&$%*^(^&*(%^^&$%^#$%@#%$@#%#@$%@#%@%

Nitin literally takes his uncle away by force :)

9 comments:

Mudit said...

Lakshmi ne Bana di Jodi

Mudit said...

Lakshmi ne Bana di Jodi

Jayashree..!! said...

laks!!!! ROFL!! :))

Lakshmi said...

:)))))

Carol Mendonsa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lakshmi said...

hey guys, the marriage is confirmed between this same girl and my subordinate :) I have successfully passed the interview..LOL

Anonymous said...

I accidentally came across your blog from LinkedIn.
Read a few of your posts and quite impressive.

Did you ever consider a second career in Writing
Keep up the good work
Regards
Ganesh

Lakshmi said...

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks a lot for dropping by my blog and commenting. I love writing and blogging. Well, it wont generate so much money that I can quit IT :) Not for now atleast.. :)

Cheers
Lakshmi

abinash said...

Oye hi da. What an episode. Funny indeed. :D loved it.