Nov 22, 2007

Dry eyes

I have this dry eyes syndrome for past couple of years for which I had often visited a General Physician or a eye clinic. Staring at the monitor for long hours, I actually forget to blink or I don't know what is really happening to my eyes. At the end I am left with red eyes and itchiness all over my eyes. It's a persistent dryness, scratching and burning in my eyes and these are signs of dry eye syndrome.

In dry eye syndrome, the eye doesn't produce enough tears, or the tears have a chemical composition that causes them to evaporate too quickly.

I have been advised by doctor to use TearPlus solution to prevent the eyes from being dry. This solution produces artificial tears in my eyes. I checked my eyes for any power/number. well, am doing fine there. It's just this eye irritation actually irritates me. I also wear anti glare glasses but in vain. Still I often get red eyes. I guess am paying the price of staring at the monitor all day through and also at nights.

These drops can reduce or eliminate the redness temporarily, but they don't treat the cause of the redness, whether it's dryness, environmental irritation, or some other problem.

Finally after having said all these, am still struggling to get away with this redness.

No comments: