Oct 30, 2007

Halloween!

This reminds me to write one of my recent scary experiences when I had been to Malaysia's taman negara, one of the oldest rain forests in the world. We went there during June 1st week 2007. Our family started trecking to a place called Lata Berkoh. At the end of the trecking we got to see a small bathing ghat. So we all got so excited to treck a little long distance and enjoy getting a good dip in crystal clear water. While we trecked half way through, I had noticed wild cat's paw mark on the wet sand. That itself was enough to scare me. Then I realized that as we were going as a gang the wild cat would not challenge us and a group effort would definitely help us in protecting ourselves. While I continued to treck the difficult path, I encountered pin drop silence as we went by with different creatures of the forest performing an orchestra.

After sometime of trecking we found that a big tree had fallen down and lot of huge ants were crawling on it. It was a no man area and by then we must have ideally reached the bathing ghat which did not happen. With that confusion already prevailing in mind, that fallen shoot system hindered us from progressing further. So my family members were saying that we better stop trecking right away and get back. While we were just analyzing the shoot there, my mommy and my hubby saw some bushes shaking heavily. I immediately took a look there on the shaking bushes and turned my face to treck back to the starting point. At that split second, my husband and mommy saw a white human shaped thing quickly passed by the bushes. They told that they saw a spirit there. Imagine it was a no man land with creatures' creeky sounds. I got panicked but the interest in me tickled me to see at the bushes .. argh! in vain, I could not see the white thing that had passed by. By this time everyone got so uncomfortable and we had to return as fast as we could to the starting point. However, my husband and I still had wanted to go near the bushes to check what that white thing was :-) .. Its still a puzzle and mystery which was never unraveled.

Later when we got to speak to the neighbourhood people and they mentioned that those are called forest ghosts that guard the forest against the poachers and other things that tend to destroy the animals or the properties of the forest. And now comes the question, you can probably think of animal ghosts as they live and die there.. But how do we get human spirits? We were told that those were the humans that lived in the forest like the tribes, etc. So this ends the experience of mine..

Given a chance I would go back to the forest, ofcourse with a gang and explore the spirit possibilities there.. ;)

10 comments:

Panks said...

Well the story was building up nicely,and the stomach started getting its scary twings,but the mystery was not unravelled..But it was a great encounter,as there are so many mysteries in the nature that we miss when in cities..Hopefully the white thing protected ur family from some forthcoming danger..But do try going there again to meet the Guards af the jungle.Well written story..

Lakshmi said...

hahaha.. Panks its not a story but a real encounter which I have narrated like a story.. :) good you liked it.. Will take you there too ;) that way you can get to experience one..

Panks said...

Well i think we can develop it as a gud script for film production..We can sell it to rake in enough moolahs...

Lakshmi said...

hehehe.. yeah thats a good idea.. so I create the movie cos the script is mine.. so I take up the director title and am sure you will produce it..
Do you have any such scary experiences?

Panks said...

Till this time people gets scared by me,but i think i have to to jungle often to get some scary stuff or to some Bhoot bangla..Movie title will be "Darne se Kya darna" Local distribution rights mere aur international rights aapke..Will that do..

Lakshmi said...

hahaha.. good thinking.. sure will do :)

Yegnesh Iyer said...

Well, I still believe it was an animal. But you never know. Thank god we all are safe today...

Lakshmi said...

hehehe.. yeah but from ramesh's comment the other day, i feel its the ghost yegs.. :0

Unknown said...

hey laks me the comin wana c de ghost:)

Lakshmi said...

sure jans.. va polam.. dhairiyama irukanum naama ;)